Sunday, January 14, 2018

Friends

I made it through another week, and I think it was a good one.  I kept my resolutions about getting up, reading, and watching T.V.  I also learned a new dance step, which with my two left feet is a good day on any week.  I finally finished, and test the water delivery system I custom built for the 1955 travel trailer.  That alone was really exciting.

I had to make a call or two this weekend to a buddy of mine on plumbing questions.  I needed to pick his brain on a few questions I had.  I wanted to make sure I was doing things the right way.  Even though he was out of town, he picked the phone up and talked to me about it.  This is the same man who totally hooked me up with how to put the pecs pipe together.  Loaned me the tools and gave me a bunch of fittings to put it together. 

Another buddy of mine stopped by this weekend.  He mentored me through the installation of the black iron for the propane system.  He did the same thing as my plummer friend.  When I had a question, he answered the phone.  He took me down to the parts store and showed me what I was going to need.  He even pointed me in the right direction to determine what size of pipe I should install.  Oh, and he hooked me up with some gear he had stored as well.

The point here is, I have really good friends.  I have, and have had, a lot of friends throughout my life.  Some were really good friends, and some were more along the lines of acquaintances who were traveling in the same direction as me at that time.  It's funn, I see some of those people and we stop and have a quick conversation.  How are they doing, how's the family, etc.  Standard stuff.  That's how I know.  Nothing against them at all.  I love seeing them, and I'll be happy to see them the next time I run into them.

But I have really good friends.  You know, the kind where you can not see each other for a while, and pick right up where you left off.  Those people that you've shared something with.  They are far beyond acquaintances, more like family.  It's hard for me to explain, but if you have friends like this I don't really have to.  When I'm with these people I don't worry about what I might look or sound like.  I can just be.  It's liberating, relaxing and joyful, I don't know of any other way to say it.

I hope everyone has at least a few friends in their life like this.  If you don't, go find a few.  And to my friends, near and far.....I miss all of you and hope to see you soon. 

And to Dubs, Preston, and Boyd thanks for all your time, knowledge, and help.  Hopefully someday I can return the favor.  You can always count on me when you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment