Sunday, January 7, 2018

It's a small world

I was just checking out the options on blogger and they are pretty cool.  I noticed you can see where people are reading your blog from.  Which I found crazy.

The world is shrinking every day, and there is no way for us to put that genie back in the bottle.  I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that's 1500 miles away.  Google told me that I have people reading this blog in Germany, France, Mexico,Puerto Rico and the Ukraine.  That's Crazy.  And to all of you that are outside the US, thanks for reading.  And hit me up anytime in the comments.

Anyway, where was I going with this.  Oh yeah, the world is changing, for the better and for the worse, and I don't see any way that it is going to stop this march forward.  (Barring some sore of catastrophic event of course.)  I know a whole lot of people who say that they want things to go back to the way they were, and another bunch that say we're not going forward fast enough.

Creates a bit of a conundrum for ourselves and society.  Kind of a push and pull that keeps things in balance, while moving forward.  Unfortunately a lot of people, at least here in the US, see it as an us versus them kind of fight, which does nothing but cause a lot of resentment for our fellow man.  I don't really see it that way though, not as an us versus them at least.  I look it the fact that we have been advancing as a species for a long time.  We did hit a few snags along the way, but all in all our timeline as a species shows a steady advance.  Towards what, I still have no idea.  But you can't deny that humans have never sat back for long and done nothing.

Hunting and gathering, agriculture, sending people to the moon.  You see the trend.  What course we take is still up to us.  The sad part is that we can't agree on a direction together.  Imagine what we could get done if we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment